Wandsworth Living Streets Meeting, Monday 6 October 2014, 7.15 for prompt start 7.30pm
Encouraging Walking & Cycling in Wandsworth
Jane Ellison, MP for Battersea
Venue: The Alma Pub
Upstairs function room
Address: 499 Old York Road, SW18 1TF
How to get there: Opposite Wandsworth Town Station; and on Nos. 28 and 44 bus routes; and nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking station is Podmore Road (right by the Alma Pub)
Streetmap at: http://tinyurl.com/ygwtk4z
Jane Ellison is one of Wandsworth Borough’s three Members of Parliament. We have asked her to talk about:
- The health benefits of encouraging us to do more short trips on foot
- Why Government supports more walking and cycling (in the jargon, ‘active travel’)
- What Government is doing to encourage us to walk more
- What Wandsworth Council, along with all local authorities, can do to make the walking experience more attractive and safer
- Future horizons – what more can be done.
The Wandsworth Living Streets AGM will follow this meeting. Our Chair, Dr Susie Morrow, and Treasurer, Alan Fennell, will present their Reports. And a Committee will be elected for the coming year. Would you like to consider standing for the Committee? If so, please let Robert Molteno, Secretary WLS, know in advance at Robert.email@example.com
Do come with your ideas and questions. Please bring a friend or neighbour.